The Twilight and Lady Gaga green celebrity pumpkin carving patterns are put away, but there’s a big pile of Halloween pumpkin seeds and pulp left over. This easy Toasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe uses up all those seeds that would have ended up in the compost bin.
Don’t throw away those nasty pumpkin guts after pumpkin carving. Eat them! It’s a fast and easy way to eat healthy and do a little Halloween green recycling and conservation by multi-purposing your pumpkin carving as a family activity, arts and crafts project, and making healthy snacks kids and adults all will enjoy eating!
Make these fast and easy Halloween treats for your friends, family, and neighborhood ghosts and goblins to GO GREEN for Halloween.
NOTE: Follow the links at the end of the article for more infromation about green celebrity theme pumpkin carving and the movie star and television show pumpkin carving stencils that are available and have been trending topics on Google and Twitter lately. [Week 3 October]
Baked, toasted and roasted pumpkin seed recipes are trending this time of year. More people are using free DIY pumpkin carving patterns and decorating their own pumpkins this Halloween, and now they’re stuck with all these pumpkin guts! Easy Halloween recipes and roasted pumpkin seed recipes can be found online and in cookbooks, or you can use this super easy How-To Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe.
Most people think you can only roast pumpkin seeds, but butternut and acorn squash produce good size seeds that are also perfect for roasting and eating as well. Try making a variety of roasted seeds and serve them together in a big Halloween bowl. Feel free to change the spices according to taste. Omit the spices altogether, just add salt or a salt substitute.
Pumpkin Seeds, also known as pepitas, can be roasted in the oven or sauteed on the stove-top. Both are amazingly simple and delicious, and they’re good for you too. Roasted pumpkin seeds can be eaten by the handful as a snack, sprinkled on salads or soups, or used in baked goods like muffins and cookies.
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe
- 3 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind kosher
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
How To Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Follow the directions above to scoop, drain and dry the pumpkin seeds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray the sheet with vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and spread in an even layer on the sheet.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until lightly browned and nutty smelling.
- Remove from oven and and place on paper towels until cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Related Halloween Articles:
- Pumpkin Carving Stencils: Hot trends for Halloween pumpkins includes Twilight, Harry Potter
- Best Halloween 2010 costume ideas for women: Lady Gaga, Avatar, Alice in Wonderland top list
- Free pumpkin carving patterns: 2010 Halloween Jack O Lantern templates, stencils downloading fast
- Top Halloween costume ideas for 2010: Lady Gaga, Avatar, Twilight, Snookie, vampire costumes are hot
- Heidi Klum, Jimmy Kimmel discuss Halloween costume ideas and Klum’s 2010 Halloween party (video)
- Justin Bieber pumpkin carving stencils and patterns are hottest celebrity items for Halloween 2010
- RI Halloween Pumpkin carvings: Roger Williams Park Zoo pumpkin carving dates, times, ticket prices
- Pumpkin Carving Stencils: Harry Potter movie theme pumpkins delight children of all ages on Halloween
- Pumpkin Carving: Twilight pumpkin carving stencils available for Halloween
- Pumpkin Carving: Carve a Halloween Pumpkin with free pumpkin carving stencils
- Celebrity Costumes: Inexpensive DIY Halloween costume ideas inspired by movies and TV
Original Recipe by Donna Diegel
Photo: Free photo by Stock Xchnge http://www.sxc.hu